Tuesday, September 20, 2011

...mercies are new every morning...

...so many mornings i wake with the thought of a new beginning...a fresh start...brand new mercy for the day....and then... i face the scale! do i step on it ....or walk on by and trust that my choices the day before were good enough. everyone must decide for themselves the value of measuring their fitness by the scale. for me i have spent far too much emotionally energy being caught up in the power of the scale. when i step on the scale there are two possible outcomes...i am either filled with worry, guilt and shame....or glee, pride and accomplishment. neither are a good option. so...instead, i choose to walk into this day with a grateful and thankful heart, lips quick to praise my Heavenly Father, a mind centered on Truth and my will surrendered to the need of a Savior.....

1 comment:

  1. I use to be ruled by the "Chart" I had by the scale. Doing a daily evaluation wasn't my problem, it was judging myself harshly over the long haul. So I did away with the chart and each morning is just a gauge for the day. I leave it there when I get off after thinking, I am getting healthy. Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete